Cultural Master Plan
AN ARTS PLAN FOR DOWNTOWN LAKE WORTH.
A culturally and architecturally rich community, Lake Worth is home to one of the most ethnically diverse populations in Florida. Known as the geographic and artistic center of Palm Beach County, the city embraces many different cultures and lifestyles. City leadership has undertaken a series of initiatives to achieve economic vitality through arts and culture—from establishing LULA and the Lake and Lucerne arts district to building artist housing with the support of a Housing Urban Development (HUD) grant.
To build on these efforts, the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County (CCPBC), headquartered here in Downtown Lake Worth, and the Lake Worth Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA), with participation by the City of Lake Worth, spearheaded the development of an Arts and Culture Master Plan for Downtown Lake Worth, funded by a grant from Community Foundation for Palm Beach and Martin Counties. The resulting plan—this document—aims to boost arts and culture and help create a thriving Downtown, thereby enhancing the quality of life for all of Lake Worth residents and visitors.
|MAINTAIN AND PROMOTE LAKE WORTH’S UNIQUE CHARACTER|
|RETAIN AND ENHANCE DOWNTOWN VIBRANCY IN LAKE WORTH 24/7|
|ENCOURAGE GREATER ARTS AND CULTURE ENGAGEMENT AND COLLABORATION|
|IMPROVE ACCESS TO ARTS AND CULTURE DOWNTOWN|
|STRENGTHEN PUBLIC SUPPORT FOR ARTS AND CULTURE|
KEY EMERGING OPPORTUNITIES
- Support the creation of a new nonprofit to assist in coordinating Downtown business interests and the arts community
- Enhance existing promotional efforts by undertaking a comprehensive branding and marketing campaign
- Encourage exposure to diverse populations, arts, and cultures within Lake Worth
- Take strides to be known as THE community for artists to live in
- Leverage parking garage infrastructure to incentivize private sector development
- Consolidate resources and direct growth Downtown to enhance the character of Downtown Lake Worth and reinforce the area as a safe, appealing, and entertaining arts and culture destination for all types of visitors
KEY IMPLEMENTATION OPPORTUNITIES
Bolster the ability of LULA to coordinate downtown business interests, lead local marketing and promotional efforts, support arts stakeholders and cultural events, and provide a more direct link between downtown stakeholders and the City.
Take strides to be known as THE community for artists to live in and further communicate the strengths and advantages of Lake Worth to current and prospective residents and visitors.
Provide funding to encourage exposure to diverse populations and diverse arts and cultures within Lake Worth.
Consolidated resources in the downtown area to enhance the character of Downtown Lake Worth as a safe, appealing, walkable, and vibrant destination for all types of people.
Download the Arts Cultural Master Plan for Lake Worth Beach (If you are having trouble accessing this PDF, please call or email the CRA office for another version of the document.)